Saturday, September 7, 2013

Winter, the Season of Dead Things

My dad has been planning our Christmas decorations since last spring when he found a dead flower in a Charlie Brown Christmas mug by our shed in the backyard. I had put it there in hopes that it would grow but it did not. When he found the flower he comes up to me and says, "This is the saddest thing I have ever seen." I didn't really respond but just laughed at him. He tells me he wants to save it for Christmas, because he wants to put out dead things for Christmas. 
After that he decides to keep a dead tree to put out during Christmas, and he wants to hang doll parts on our Christmas Tree. I asked him why he wants to do this, and he responded with,"We're going to celebrate winter instead of Christmas, because I hate Christmas. And winter is the season of dead things so we're going to put out dead things." 
His most recent idea for his celebration of dead things is to get the Nativity figurines and hang them from the tree like nooses. I must admit my dad has the darkest sense of humor ever. I knew I had a dark sense of humor, but it's nothing close to his.

No comments:

Post a Comment