Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Being Civilized is Overrated

I'm not a sappy romance girl or a girly girl. I'm a girl who is growing up with two older brothers and goes camping, fishing, and rafting with my dad, his friend, my brothers, and my dad's friend's sons. Out of these aforementioned people I am the only girl and haven't learned the ways of feminism very well. My best friend is doing her best to help me, but she seems to be having difficulties. Now having said all that I feel comfortable telling my story without seeming like a drama queen or something.
The other day my dad sent me to the grocery store for the second day in a row. I wouldn't have minded so much except that there's a guy who works that my friend is trying to get me to out with. This guy, Cody, had seen me at the store the day before while he was working so I had my fingers crossed that either he wouldn't be working or wouldn't see me. Alas, neither of those happened. As soon as I walked in the door he was walking out to go fix the bottle and can exchange. I couldn't believe it. Of course I was embarrassed, because I figured he'd think I was stalking him like some creeper. Fortunately he didn't. I have found out information on his opinion of me through my friend.
The reason my dad had sent me to the store that day was to get one of those already cooked chickens from the deli. When I got home my dad and I ate the entire with our bare hands. We are clearly, very civilized people.

No comments:

Post a Comment