Sunday, September 8, 2013

Isolation

I don't think most people realize how slow the process of isolation is. I live on a street with few nice houses and all the run down houses are next to mine. My dad and I have been living in this for a little over a year. Our first summer here our next door neighbor on the left was put in a mental hospital, and his house is still empty. Last summer our next door neighbors on the right moved out, because they didn't make payments on their house. That house is still empty too.
Not only on my street do I not have anyone near me, but in my chemistry class the same situation is already happening. On the first day my chemistry teacher assigned us seats at random. I, very unluckily, was put at the table in the front in the corner. Now you'd think being upfront, "well what are you complaining about isolation for. You're the center of attention upfront." Wrong. The table in the front has six people at it, and there's a table right behind where I sit that's as tall as me when I'm sitting down. This spot wasn't too terribly lonely looking until Friday. On Friday the kid sitting next to me decided to switch out, and one of the kids who sits behind me switched out. Fortunately, the kid behind me was replaced by someone else. Also the other kid who sits behind me was late, for about ten minutes of the class I was completely alone in my corner. The kid who sits behind later said to me, "You look really lonely over there." He's 100% right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment