Saturday, June 3, 2017

I'm Back

I'm back! I know it's almost been a year since I've actually posted anything. I had honestly forgotten about this blog until recently when I was talking to a friend about it, and recent events in my life have made me want to start it up again. It turns out that I'm not as awkward as I thought although I am still pretty awkward. As this past school year has enlightened me, most people are just awkward at least the people I encounter. So for two reasons the title of this blog isn't entirely accurate. Yes, I am still socially awkward, but in comparison with others, I have average social skills and have moments of awkwardness. The other reason the title isn't accurate is because I am no longer a teenager. About eight months ago, I reached the ripe old age of 20. It's funny because I thought things would be different when I was no longer a teenager, and at first, I got the impression that I was exactly the same, but now looking back I realize many things have changed for me since I turned 20. Although I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with my age.
Anyways, over the next few months of the summer, I plan on retelling the majority of my sophomore year of college, or at least the more interesting parts about it. However, I must admit, fall quarter was pretty boring, and my life didn't have anything really going on until winter quarter. To begin all the back in fall quarter, my brother Josh came to visit me. Well, he didn't really come to visit me, he was in the same city as me with his girlfriend, but he was sick of hanging out with his girlfriend, so I finally picked him up after he wouldn't quit complaining about her. I also I have to tell you, I do not own my car. In fact, I have my mom's car, and she is currently living in the Marshall Islands teaching small children English or something. She's coming back for a month this summer, and I have a feeling she won't let me borrow her car after she leaves once I tell her I'm not paying her car insurance anymore, but that's another story for another post.
Back to Josh. So I go pick up Josh from their hotel downtown, and I take him back to campus because I didn't really know what else to do with him. Once we got back to campus, I take him to Seven-Eleven so he can buy a cigar to smoke all the weed he had with him. He gets super stoned and gets weed all over my mom's car which pissed me off immensely. Since he wants most of his weed off the floor of the car he reaches for my phone instead of just asking for it to use as a flashlight. This was uncomfortable for me as my phone was resting in my lap near my crotch, and if he wasn't my brother and was sober I probably would have slapped him for it. After he picks up most of his weed, he starts talking about being depressed, and asks me if I was happy which at the time I was pretty depressed too. He clearly wasn't happy with his new girlfriend which I think he was hoping if he found the right girl to date she would fix everything. I don't know what the hell made him think that considering our brother Brandon has the perfect girlfriend, and he's still an asshole.
We eventually end this conversation, and I end up taking him back to my room which was risky because if my RA had seen him and figured out he was stoned I could have gotten into a lot of trouble. My roommate Becky was there, and she was pretty terrified of him considering he's 6'3", and she's only five feet tall. I let him watch football on my laptop, and he just sat there completely zoned out like I had never seen him before. He was totally out of it, and I've seen my brother intoxicated many times, but nothing was like he was that night. I have no idea what was wrong with him. After about two hours of this, I show him around campus, and then take him back to his hotel. I don't think his girlfriend ever liked me because of that night. I think his leaving started a huge fight between them, and he wouldn't have ever left if I hadn't told him I could pick him up. I just hope that if she hasn't figured this out already, that someday she will understand that I have no idea how to best help my brother, and I was just doing what he was asking me to do. I don't know if I did the right thing, but I hope I did.
I know that wasn't the most uplifting story ever, but I promise most of the stories that I have from this past year are actually pretty funny. Like I said before not much happened fall quarter or at least nothing fun happened that quarter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment