Thursday, June 22, 2017

Practice Room Crush Part III

The next encounter between us was not in music building. It was outside, and I was sitting at a picnic table by myself because for some reason whenever I saw him I was pretty much almost always alone at least in the beginning of it all. Anyways, I was sitting at a picnic table halfheartedly doing some homework after finishing a test for my accounting class. This happens to be my favorite picnic table on our campus, I've sat at it multiple times since I started going there, but I have to make a confession I did see David head into the SUB, which is where the picnic table is located, right before I decided to sit there. I thought maybe if I sat there he would walk past my table on his way out, but I knew that would be assuming if he saw me there while inside, so I knew that chances were that he would not do as I had hoped. As I was sitting there I briefly looked inside, and I thought I saw him inside talking to someone, but I wasn't entirely sure. After a little bit I looked up again, and I saw him walking towards the door near me, and of course I once again began to panic because that's what I do every time I might speak to him. He exits the building, and I look up again. This time he's looking at me, and I feel like throwing up right there. He says to me, "How you doing," but it was so quiet that I wasn't sure if I heard him right, so me being the awkward little soul that I am give him a quick smile and look back down. His friend who has with him, a different one than the one previously mentioned, tells him to wait for him. So they're both just standing there right by my table, and the entire time I'm freaking out and refuse to look up. All of a sudden, I hear the beginning of "Thank You" by Dido playing, and in my head, I'm thinking what the fuck is happening right now. I'm hoping that they walk away soon because I am hopeless case when it comes to communicating to a guy that I like without the help of Tianna. After an eternity they begin to walk away, and I can feel myself start to breathe again. In their absence, I am left befuddled by the entire situation that just transpired. I also begin kicking myself for basically ignoring David, and thinking about how he probably thinks I'm an asshole or that I don't like him which I guess the former could be correct but I definitely didn't want him to think the latter. 
A few days after that, I'm holding the door open to the practice rooms as I'm talking to one of my friends, and I hear someone approaching the doorway behind me. I look to see David passing me, and I'm dumbfounded. At this point, I'm trying to pay attention to the conversation I was having, but I can't because David turns around to smile at me even though he's on the phone and walking away from me. I can't remember what I was doing as he smiled at me, but I'm pretty sure I didn't smile back because I was taken by surprise. Fortunately, my friend didn't notice anything or if she did she didn't ask me about it because I don't really know what I would have said. Yeah I'm into that guy, and I think he's into me, and blah, blah, blah, you probably don't give a fuck. After that I thought for sure, he hates me, and he's never going to talk to me again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment