Thursday, June 15, 2017

Winter Quarter

At the start of winter quarter I was nervous being in the house I was living in because this was the first time I was living on my own, and it also happened to be in house filled with strangers that were mostly male. In fact, I lived with seven males and two other females, and they were all quite a bit older than me although a few were in their mid to late twenties. As a twenty year old female, it was a bit intimidating at first, but over time I became used to it. The first person I spoke to who lived there who wasn't the property manager was a guy in his twenties. I had just come home one night and had my keys out to unlock the front door when it opened. On the other side was a man wearing one of those breathing masks. He says hello so I respond, and then he tells me he has allergies, and that's why he's wearing the mask, and not because of anything weird. I say, "oh okay," in response, and that was our very first conversation. He was one of the only people there that I spoke to on more than one occasion although conversations were always brief.
Later that quarter, I found out I had, and still am having problems with, cubital tunnel which as a young musician this is one of the worst things to have happen. My dad told me to see a chiropractor about it to see if it would help so I did. Well as it turns out, the chiropractor I went to had brown hair, brown eyes, and a beard which just happens to be my type. At my very first appointment, I found out he goes to this little town I used to live in every summer which I thought was weird because it's about six hours away, and it's not even that popular of a place to go to. He also did a test of the muscles in my back which required me to wear one of those ugly hospital gowns without a bra. He had to open the back of my hospital gown and run sensors slowly along my spine. Needless to say the entire process was incredibly awkward especially afterwards when he started to practically massage my shoulders because he was feeling how tight my muscles were. Of course I was uncomfortable because I don't like people touching me in the first place, but then when it happens to be an attractive man it just made it that much worse for me. A few appointments later, and I had a different chiropractor for one session. This new chiropractor asked me my name, and after I told him he said, "Your reputation precedes you." I still have no idea what the fuck that was supposed to mean because the only time I have ever heard that used is in historical fiction when some gentlemanly fellow wants to compliment a lady about her looks. However, I don't think this was the case because that would be extremely unprofessional and disturbing. Anyways, once spring break came around I stopped going there, and they called me twice and sent me a text in the next couple of months to follow. This to me seemed like a terrible policy for them because it gives the impression that they're hurting for clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment