Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Practice Room Crush Part IV

Every year on Memorial Weekend there's the Folklife Festival, and it's free. Becky and I went last year, and I asked her if she wanted to go this year too. So this year we decided to go, but we planned on a different day and time in hopes that it would be better than the first year. We get there, and we're not really sure of what to do so we're just walking around looking for something to stop and listen to. We end up stuck behind a large mass of people in this little pathway so we decide to step onto the grass to try to get past the people. Standing there on the grass is David and a couple of guys, I was shocked, I expected the last place on Earth he would spend his weekend would be the Folklife Festival. He sees us and so do his friends. I keep walking because I'm panicking for probably the millionth time after seeing him. I turn to look at Becky, and she's asking me if that was David, and I say yes, so then she decides to try to embarrass me by trying to make me walk back towards them. We look behind us to see David and his friends following us. I freak out even more and start to walk faster. Meanwhile, Becky is trying to walk slower to let them catch up to us, but I'm yelling at her to walk faster. We see them stop to listen to some Latin music, and I'm still trying to walk away from them, but Becky stops to listen too. However, David is pretty far away from us although he can still see us. I finally get Becky to walk away, but as we're walking away I see one of his friends walking the same way we are. We stop a little ways away, and we're arguing about what to do next, so I finally tell Becky that I'll just follow her and she can choose what to do. So of course, she walks back toward David. I follow her, but I stop once she gets too close to him for me which within a hundred feet. She keeps walking towards him, but she doesn't realize I'm not behind her. By this time, David has noticed we're back, and he starts walking towards. My heart starts to pound even more, and I almost don't look at him as he passes, but I do. He waves and smiles at me, and I actually manage to wave and smile back, but as soon as he passes I'm glaring at Becky and getting her to leave. She's so happy with herself and with me for actually waving at him because she thought for sure I was going to ignore him. We randomly see him once more after that, but we decide to leave because we got bored. 
A week and a half later, we're hanging out for the last time before it's time to go home for the summer. Becky has my phone, and she's joking around with me about messaging David on Facebook, but then she does by accident. I don't expect him to reply so I'm not that upset besides I had messaged one of her crushes before. He messages back within five minutes, and we're both shocked. We don't know what to do, and I can't think of anything to say back, so she responds for me. After getting over the fact that he actually responded, I'm finally able to start responding myself. I end up going to bed in the middle of the little conversation we have. The next morning I'm woken up by my phone going off because David is video chatting me, I assume it's an accident so I don't pick up. I ask him about it, and he said it was an accident. He then says something to me about messaging him late the night before even though it was only eleven so I tell him it was an accident, and that it was one of my friends. I also make up the part where I say I was thinking of messaging himself, and he says he's glad she messaged me, but then he starts to ask me about what I was planning on saying to him, and why I never said hi to him in the practice rooms. I tell him I'm shy and awkward, and the conversation stops there. Since then I haven't messaged him again, and of course I haven't seen him either because I'm back home, and it would be weird if I were to see him here since no one ever comes here. I can't stop thinking about him though, and I want to talk to him again, but I'm scared to. It seems silly to be scared of talking to him, but I am because he's pretty much out of my league. However, for some reason, he does appear to be interested in me, and it doesn't make any sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment