Thursday, June 15, 2017

Practice Room Crush Part I

At the end of winter quarter, I headed back home for spring break, but I was only there for a few days because my brother Brandon, his girlfriend, and Brandon's son, and I all went to Las Vegas for four days. It was an interesting experience, and we had a good time, but I doubt I'll go back to Vegas again. It really wasn't my kind of place. It's too fake and flashy. Towards the end of my spring break, I was hanging out with Tianna, and I was on Facebook, and somehow we came upon the topic of males which I guess isn't too uncommon for us. However, this conversation lead to me looking up David on Facebook, and me telling her I found him very attractive. She told me to add him which at first I said no to because I'd only talked to him once very briefly, and he came into Dennis' room at various times while I was there last year, but that was as the extent of our interactions. When I said no, she said this is what's going to happen because he has so many friends (which was over 1000 and to us that's a lot considering I have about 300 and she has less than that) he's either going to forget that you added him or he's going to add you think you're cute then see you around campus and take notice of you. So I added him under the opinion that he would just forget about it.
About a week or two later, I see David in a practice room. Instead of going all the way to the other side of the practice rooms, I chose one near his, so that he might see me when he left. I'm sitting there attempting to write a song when I catch a glimpse of someone in my practice room window, and it was David looking back at me. He left shortly after that. Another week or two after that, I chose the practice room right next to his. We were both there for about an hour when he leaves, and I am trying to motivate myself to keep practicing, but instead I just sit at the piano thinking. A few minutes later, I hear someone outside my practice room, I look up and see David standing there opening the door. I start to panic because I don't know what to do in these situations when I'm alone and without Tianna. He was also with somebody which made me even more uncomfortable because not only was my crush walking into my practice room, but I was also outnumbered. He asks me if he can borrow the extra piano bench in my room, and I say yes. He then introduces himself and asks if I added him on Facebook recently which I said yes to, and he said he was making sure it was me. At this point, I'm about to have a heart attack, and I'm thinking he probably hates me and thinks I'm a creepy stalker because I always assume my crush thinks I'm a creepy stalker. There's an awkward pause which is broken by his friend, Creed, introducing himself to me. Then they both leave with David apologizing for interrupting to which I responded it's okay I wasn't really doing anything. This was the first of more awkward encounters to come because every time I saw him my heart started to pound, my hands shook, and I couldn't think. I know it's all part of having a crush, but this was the first time this had ever happened to me around the opposite gender. Normally, I can handle myself well enough around my crush but with David it's different, words fail me, and I can barely look him in the eye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment