Thursday, May 28, 2015

Late Night Accident

I had an interesting night, last night. It started out with driving to the town where my dad works, and eating sushi with him, Sharron, and her daughter. We needed to waste some time before the concert we were going to an hour away. We were going to see Shakey Graves and The Barr Brothers at 9:00. We arrived a little bit early. The Barr Brothers were pretty awesome. I really liked the main guy's guitar playing. He's pretty incredible, especially with all the cool sound effects he does. I also really liked Shakey Graves' performance, but unfortunately we had to leave early. I was basically the only one able to stay up that late. Well, my dad I think would have been fine staying for the whole thing. Shakey Graves is also very amazing at playing the guitar, and his voice is spectacular. Before Shakey Graves came on my dad said, "'I have seen the future of Rock N Roll.' Bruce is going to come out in the middle of the performance, and pass the torch." With Bruce Springsteen growing older someone is going to have to take his place.
Anyways, after the concert my dad dropped us all off at his office, where Sharron, her daughter, and I had our cars parked. I was on my way home when the car started to wobble a little, so I slowed down and it stopped. I was only going 70 MPH when the wobbling started, and it stopped when I got down to 60. After it stopped I went at a steady 65. A few minutes went by, and all of a sudden the front left tire of my car fell off. I managed to remain surprisingly calm until after I got the car off the road and stopped. When I had gotten off the road I wasn't sure the car was going to stop, but it finally did. I immediately put my hazards on and the E-brake. I called my dad to tell him what happened. He asked me where I was, and I wasn't entirely sure because it was dark out. He asked me if I knew what happened to the tire, I didn't know that either. I honestly don't know how I kept my voice to keep steady because I almost started crying I'm not sure why. My hands were shaking pretty bad too. My dad finally came and picked me up. We got home around 2:00 in the morning. I couldn't fall asleep until at least 3:00 maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment