Thursday, May 21, 2015

Last Lesson

Today was kind of a sad day. It was also miserably hot. I had my last violin lesson with the teacher I've had since I started playing the violin. I also had my last violin recital here. I doubt that I will play a solo on violin again, but I will play in the orchestra at my college when I go there. I gave my teacher a present today. It was a little silver violin pin. I also gave her card telling her how much I appreciate everything she has taught me as well as all the support she's given me. She asked me to tell her when my college concerts are, so she can come to them. She's moving over the summer, and she will actually be very close to where I will be. I'm excited to be going to college, but I'm sad that I won't have the same teacher. I'm going to miss everyone I have played with over the years. I wish they all could come with me to college, but that would be kind of weird having an entourage of middle-age and older adults following me around everywhere I go. Although at the same time it would be kind of interesting.
Today was also my dad's birthday. I sent him a picture of my dogs with a sign that said happy birthday on it. My birthday present to him was a poster that said, "Give a man and you feed him for a day. Don't give a man a fish and feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard." It's something Ron Swanson says in Parks and Rec. I thought it would be good to put in his office since he sells fishing flies and doesn't have anything on his walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment