Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Can't Wait for Summer

I just realized today it's been almost a month since I've been on here. So much crap has been happening: my dog almost died of cancer, I had my last concert for Gorge Strings and Sinfonietta, took an AP Calculus test this morning, my mom had a job interview I don't know what the outcome of it was, took a music theory proficiency exam for college( I needed a 90% got a 93% and I've never taken a music theory class in my life), learned about my dad's plans for his future record label (apparently he's going to make super group concert comprised of Shakey Graves, Benjamin Booker, and Courtney Barnett), wrote some songs, and wrote two essays, one about a monument honoring Bruce Springsteen and one about I Believe people talk too much. There was possibly a few things I missed out on, but I'm so unbelievably tired right now I can't remember. Oh yeah I also finished my stupid senior binder, that entire thing was pointless because I already know what I'm going to do for the next four years, sort of. I still don't know if I have gotten any local scholarships, but I was invited to some banquet for being in the top 10% in my class, I'm not sure how I'm still in the top 10%, but that's cool.
My dog was sick for a couple days, and the vet thought he might have cancer, but he only had pneumonia. Now he's hopping around on three legs for some odd reason. I have no idea why because his leg doesn't seem to hurt him.
At my last Sinfonietta, they honored my violin teacher because it was her last concert too. She then proceeded to thank people, and said that she had to recognize someone else who was leaving this year too which happened to be me. She made me stand up in front of all those people and told them that I was going off to college to study music. I was super embarrassed, and afterward my dad said, "I've never seen anyone look so uncomfortable in my life." I guess I should get used to being on stage since that is what I want to do for my career. I really wish that I had less social anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment