Sunday, May 10, 2015

Prom Night

I went to prom last night. Surprisingly, it was actually kind of fun. I went with my friends, so my "date" was a girl, but that was fine with me. Last time I went to a dance I went with my boyfriend and his friends, that was probably the most awkward night of my entire life. This time I felt ten times less awkward. I also looked nicer than last time because I had a better dress. We actually stayed for almost the whole thing, and then went back to my friend's house and watched Maleficent.
Today, I'm going to my grandma's house for Mother's Day. My aunt and her son will be there so will my older brother Josh. Brandon has to work today, so he doesn't get to go. I bought my mom a card and a candle and left it on her doorstep. I don't plan on her seeing her today partly because she's busy with all the First Communion crap today. She'll be at Mass and then off to one of her second grader's parties just like every other year. The other reason I'm not going to see her is I just don't really want to. She texted me at midnight Friday night, technically Saturday morning, and asked me if I was going to prom. Of all the times to ask me if I was going she picked midnight the night before prom. She could've asked me long before then, and actually made an attempt to be there to help me get ready or something. Instead I had to get ready at my friend's house with her mom and none of my parents which is okay I guess. It was just a little uncomfortable because they were getting out jewelry and stuff for me to put on, and my friend says to me, "It's okay. I know you don't have a mom to do this stuff with." I don't really know why she said that when I do have a mom, just not a mom who is very active in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment