Thursday, May 14, 2015

Bible of Violin

I woke up at 5:30 this morning that was not pleasant for me. Then I went to a very much waste of time,  Jazz Band rehearsal. There were only seven of us, and my band teacher tried to make me improv today, but there was no way in hell that I was going to randomly start improving after waking up an hour and a half earlier than I usually do. Also he has never tried to make me do improv before. I did however have a very pleasant violin lesson today with my teacher. She bought me Kreutzer as a graduation present. She is the sweetest woman ever. She told me Kreutzer is the bible of violin. She was a judge assistant to the first chairman of the Oregon Symphony when she was in college, and he had told she had to get Kreutzer because it's the bible of violin. I am so sad that last week is going to be my last lesson with her. I will miss her very much. She has been one of the best role models in my life, and I think my life would be very, very different without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment