Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Post High School and So On

I went for a bike ride around town yesterday. I started from my house and went down to the dock. There was only two other people there besides me. I remember so many people used to flock there. Now it's deserted but that could be because I never go there when it would typically be crowded. I don't want to chance running into people I used to hang out with. On my way back from the docks though I took a little detour in an alleyway behind some businesses and in front of some houses. I passed a house and glanced at it and very quickly looked away after seeing a man with his pants down around his knees. Thank God I didn't see anything because the porch railing was in the way. I have no idea what the hell he was doing, and I don't think I want to know. The vision still creeps me out.
Today, I drove past the high school, and it was weird at first because I should be in school right now, but since I graduated I don't have to be there anymore. It's an odd sensation. I am really happy not to be there anymore, but I'm also scared. I don't know what the hell I'm doing with my life. Sure, I'm going to college, but what am I going to do afterwards? Am I really going to make a living being a musician? Even just being a sound engineer seems like a stretch to me right now. I mean I know it's great and all to follow your dreams but what happens if you work really hard at it and nothing every happens for you? What will I do then? It's all so terrifying, but at the same time I kind of love it. I've never really done anything that extreme or exciting in my life. This is my chance to do something great, and I just have to keep remembering that even if I fail at least I tried. See there, I just gave myself my own motivational speech. Oh, the wonders of the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment