Friday, September 25, 2015

Orientation

I have now almost been here for a whole week. All the freshmen are moved in, and orientation has been a long and enduring process that isn't even over yet, unfortunately. I just want my classes to start and have a somewhat established schedule already. All this, "Hi, what's your name? Where are you from? What are you majoring in?" BS is starting to get a little old, but I have to admit I'm pretty proud of myself. I've managed to start multiple conversations and get out of my comfort zone quite a bit this week. I've met so many different people that they all have kind of blurred together. Most of them I can't even remember their names.
Tomorrow, we're supposed to do this CityQuest thing where you do some volunteer stuff with your USEM class, but I'm so tired I might skip. Also, I could really stand to practice some more violin. Today was the first I had practiced in at least a week. I have an audition on Monday, but I still don't really know what I'm going to play because it needs to be at least three minutes long, but most of the stuff that I know really well isn't that long. I'll have to figure something out. I know that I have a lot of time on Sunday to practice as well even if I do do go to the thing tomorrow because everyone is going to church on Sunday, but I definitely will not be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment