Saturday, January 25, 2014

Tony Stark and Downton Abbey

Recently, my dad and I were watching T.V. We had Ironman 3 saved on our DVR and had watched half of the other night. We were wanting to finish, but when my dad press play it said we weren't able to watch. My dad realized it had to do with the fact he had gotten rid of the Starz channel that day. So my dad calls Dircetv, and he starts talking in a southern accent. He does that a lot, because it gets you better customer service apparently. Anyway he's talking to a new lady and has dropped the southern accent but comes off as being stupid. Again on purpose to get better customer service. He ends up saying, "I want to know if Tony Stark makes it out alive." The lady did get Ironman 3 back for us so it did work.
The next night one of our dogs ended up unplugging the T.V. and the cable box. My dad at the time was watching Downton Abbey and was disappointed in having to wait for the cable box to reconnect. When it did he had to find his spot in Downton Abbey. While all of this was happening I remembered that the iPad had an app that could control the T.V. Once my dad started watching Downton Abbey, I pressed pause and play a couple seconds afterwards. My dad totally oblivious was wondering what had happened. Thirty seconds later I did the same thing. He started freaking out. After a few times I couldn't contain my laughter anymore. He turns to me and says, "Are you proud of yourself?" I said yes. I let him watch the rest of it without any further interruptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment