Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Good Start for 2016

Today is my first day back for winter quarter. I almost didn't get here last night because the weather back home was really bad. It snowed the day before I had to leave, and it was super icy on top of that. I took the train to Seattle from Portland. It was nearly as nice as the trip from Seattle to Portland. I actually had to sit next to someone, and there weren't any tables just those drop down trays that planes have. It felt a lot like a plane to be honest. I really hope my trips in the future will be more like my trip down to Portland. Luckily, the train arrived exactly on time in Seattle because I had to catch the bus 8 minutes after the train was scheduled to arrive to get back to campus. When I went to Portland the train was about 10-15 minutes late because we had to let a freighter pass us before we could get to the station.
I've only had one class so far today, but I still have orchestra and music tech to go to later today. In my 8 AM today this guy said, "hello," but my friend and I couldn't tell if he was talking to us. He just kind of said it to the room, and then looked at us. It was kind of weird. He then sat down a few seats away from us. I also learned that a girl from floor has music tech with me later today which I'm super happy about it. I was really worried I wasn't going to know anyone in that class. It kind of feels like I'm in high school when I'm concerned about who's going to be in my classes and who's not, but it's also not surprising with my levels of anxiety. I think I'll have less anxiety this quarter though because I know more people, and I have almost the same schedule as last quarter since I was taking prerequisites for the classes I have now.
Nine Inch Nails is kind of my new obsession right now which is kind of perfect timing since he has a new album coming out this year. The Head and the Heart should hopefully have an album coming out this year as well as the Lumineers and the Avett Brothers, so I'm super stoked for those too. This year I think is going to be a good year which is what I need, one good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment