Monday, February 2, 2015

Performance Anxiety

Sorry, it's been awhile. I have massive performance anxiety right now. I have an audition this weekend for a music scholarship. I haven't had to perform on the violin by myself in ages. At least, the pieces are picked are good ones in my repertoire. Still, I haven't been able to eat a lot, and I even had problems going to the bathroom today. I went to the restroom during lunch at my high school, but there were other people in there as well including a girl I used to be friends with in middle school. Anyways, I ended up having to use the stall right next to her, and I wasn't able to start peeing until she had started washing her hands. God, I hate public bathrooms because everyone can hear you pee so it's so awkward for people like me. I start freaking out that people will think I'm taking a poop because it's taking me so long to start peeing or they will think I'm hiding out in the bathroom like a weirdo. This is why public bathrooms should have soundproof stalls for those of us with performance anxiety. Although, I would probably never leave the bathroom if the stalls were soundproof.

No comments:

Post a Comment