Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Break

Well, it's finally Christmas Break, and I'm going to the beach today for Christmas. It's also my brother's birthday to day, a happy birthday to him. He's turning 23 and yet he still acts like a child. It's sad to think I might possibly be more mature than both of my brothers. The last week of school before Christmas Break was awful. It seemed like the week would never end, and when it did I was thankful beyond belief. I have a C and Incomplete in two of my classes which was completely devastating to me, because I have never received a grade below a B. Not even on a weekly grade report have I ever gotten below a B. I honestly can't wait for this school year to be over, because all of this AP stuff is a load of bull crap. You have to analyze people's writing style like crazy. Basically, you have to be a critic, and I'm not a critic. I'm a writer. Next year the only AP class I'll be taking is calculus so that should be pretty easy. Math is the only class I have an A in. This school year is kinda going terrible for me, but at least musically I've been doing pretty well. I played in Handel's Messiah last night, which is one of the highest honors you can get in this town. Not only did I play in it, but I played first violin. It was like playing second violin for Sinfonietta. Sinfonietta has harder music than the Messiah, but the Messiah is still a pretty big deal. The church we played in was packed. People were having to sit upstairs or having to stand. It took me forever to be able to leave. People kept wanting to talk to me even people I didn't know were talking to me. One lady told me she was impressed afterwards. One of my students was there. She's a sweet girl, she made me a scarf for Christmas.
I'm excited for today, because not only am I going to the beach, but I get to go see Inside Llewyn Davis. I've been wanting to see that movie for quite a few weeks now. I really hope it becomes a popular, because that would mean a breakthrough for folk music. Of course, I would want that considering I want to be a folk musician. Also it would mean more people would actually know what I'm talking about when I talk about folk music. More people would recognize the bands on the t-shirts I wear. I wouldn't be so weird if more people listened to folk music.

No comments:

Post a Comment