Saturday, April 26, 2014

"Lip Off"

One of our local banks hosts a lip synching contest every year which I was completely unaware of until recently. Our jazz band was asked to play at this contest so there wouldn't be silence between the different groups. There was a group who did the song "Who you Gonna Call" I thought they should have own, but they didn't instead a group who did a song from Hairspray won. In addition to all of this hey had what they call a "Lip Off" which sounds extremely weird. It's basically like a dance off with lip synching. Anyways for this "Lip Off" they decided to get volunteer from the audience except that no one was volunteering. So they made our band director pick people from his jazz band. Ol and behold I was one of the misfortunate people to be picked for this undesirable task. My best friend, this other girl, and I were forced on stage to participate in the "Lip Off." I received all the terrible songs that I didn't know he lyrics to. Also I'm a terrible dancer so to add to my embarrassment everyone in our jazz band decide to take videos of us. One guy even told us he put the video on Facebook. He didn't though or else I would have been very unhappy. My friend and I decided we're going to pull a prank on our band director to get back at him for volunteering us.

No comments:

Post a Comment