Sunday, April 13, 2014

Guilty Pleasure #6

This week I will share with you my secret love for musicals. I haven't watched a musical in awhile. I think the last one was Les Misrables. I saw that in theaters wih my friend. I didn't really like it that much. It felt too rushed compared to the version with Liam Neeson. My all time favorite musical is Singin in the Rain. I love it so much. I really love the dancing in it, because of Gene Kelly. Also, it has great music, so does The Music Man. I think I would like The Sound of Music more if it just wasn't so long. I also would like My Fair Lady better if Eliza didn't stay with Henry Higgins. I honestly can't remember all of the musicals I've watched. I went through a huge phase in middle school when all is watched was musicals. My mom would have to work Friday nights, so I would stay home and watch all the musicals I could that were available on Netflix. I would eat Top Ramen and hot dogs and try to stay awake until my mom got home. She usually would get home around 11-11:30. Sometimes later depending on how late people would stay. She cooked for a bar/winery. It was a winery during the week, but every Friday night people would flock there for live music. It really was a nice place sometimes I would go to work with my mom and help her out. One of my getting paid under the table jobs I did with my mom when I was that age. It only stayed open like that every Friday night for a few years until the owners got divorced. Now every once in awhile it has live music.

No comments:

Post a Comment