Friday, April 4, 2014

Texas

I've been home for a couple days now. My dad and I got home from our trip at 1:00 AM. We live an hour and a half from the nearest airport, so my dad drove home. I ended up sleeping in for school the next partly mostly to skip a test that I didn't have time to study for. We had a great trip though. I loved San Antonio and Austin and both of the colleges we visited. I am definitely going to apply to both and will be sorely depressed if I don't get into either one. I have a pretty high chance of getting into at least one since I fit the description of the type of student they. I am very concerned about being able to get into the music program since I don't know how well someone has to play to get in, but I think I can get in.
When we were in San Antonio it was extremely hot and humid especially compared to where we live. My dad and I were walking on the riverwalk into downtown, and he's jabbering away about "the hot prairie sun." He said he could see Pa even though Pa was dead and that he was going to die soon. The whole time he was talking to Jethro. I don't know where he gets these stories, but he does. He has quite an imagination for a fifty year old man. He also kept talking about things he would do if there was a zombie apocalypse. He would let the guy who made my sandwich join our group, because he was very nice.
During our layover we didn't have much time to get to our plane, so we had to hurry. I got stuck behind this woman with her two kids that were running back and forth making it impossible for me to pass. When I finally saw my chance I hurried passed them, but I hear thud. The little girl that was probably two years old had ran into my suitcase and fallen face first. Of course she began to cry, and I turned and apologized. After that every time we saw a little kid crying my dad would say, "Hey Stacy, there's another kid you can hit your suitcase with."
The entire trip was very enjoyable. We were able to see a couple of new bands we hadn't heard of in concert, because we were in Austin. We saw Judah and the Lion and Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors. Both we're good, but I liked Judah and the Lion better even though they were the opening band.
I wish I was still there. I didn't want to come home at all. I really do hope I can move to down there for college.

No comments:

Post a Comment