Wednesday, March 23, 2016

BRUUUUUCE

I SAW BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN LAST NIGHT!!!!!! It was my first time ever seeing Bruce in concert, and I'm slightly depressed that it's this late in his career that I saw him for the first time. My dad has been going to see him for 30 years now, and he plans his vacations around where Bruce is touring. The only reason he's been to Europe is because of Bruce. My dad and his girlfriend are going to Denmark this summer just to see him. I'm kind of jealous because I have to stay here and work and watch everybody's houses–Brandon and his girlfriend are going on vacation at the same time. So I'll be left here by myself while my dad gets to see Bruce in Denmark and Sweden.
Anyways, back to last night. It was the best concert I've ever seen. I don't understand how a man at any age can go for three and a half hours giving it his all into every song he plays. I think he has some sort of super power. I was exhausted by the end of The River, but I suppose it helps that he's been doing this for years so he probably has some sort of stamina built up. I don't really know how he does it. He came down onto the floor a couple times, and Bruce walked 10 feet away from me. That in itself was a pretty amazing experience. I mean being within 10 feet of BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN is the coolest thing that has ever happened to me. If only I knew someone who was as stoked about Bruce Springsteen to tell this to besides my dad who was there and has actually touched Bruce. In honesty though my dad is right when he calls Bruce Springsteen our lord and savior because he pretty much is. I was really questioning what I wanted to do with my life last night because how could I ever be as great as Bruce Springsteen. It doesn't matter how many songs I write or how many shows I do, I'll never be like that, but I suppose I could just be me instead. I think that I could still somehow be something that people need maybe not the way people need Springsteen, but in a smaller scale. I could make a difference with my music, and that's really all I want to achieve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment