Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Friend or Flirt?

It's only been a week and spring quarter is already kicking my ass. I'm too exhausted to actually want to get up in the mornings. 18 credits is harder than I thought especially when of those classes is philosophy. That class practically terrifies me because it's my third class on Monday and Wednesday so my attention span is pretty used up by the time I get there, also our professor likes to randomly call on people, and I don't like that at all. I like to have some mental preparation for talking in class, and I don't have the energy to do that before philosophy every time I have it.
On another note, my dad is considering putting an offer on a house. He sent me the link to it, and it's a pretty nice house. It will be the nicest house anyone has ever owned in my family which really isn't saying much considering that my dad has lived in a crappy two bedroom apartment with three kids, and a double-wide trailer. The nicest house I've lived in is probably the one my mom has now, and the basement floods in the winter. She's done a ton of remodeling since I've lived so it's way better now than when she bought it.
Lately, our friend Dennis has been kind of rude and sassy towards Natasha and me. We don't really know why except that everyone blames it on me because he likes me and I don't like him back. That's not really an excuse to be mean to someone, but apparently it is because I guess I've led him on just because I treat my guy friends the same way I treat my female friends which is supposedly some sort of crime. I hate the fact that our society has wired us to believe that we have act differently around the opposite gender or else your actions can be mistaken to mean something else. I have always been accused of being flirty just because I joke around and enjoy other people's company, BUT it's only considered to be flirty when I interact with a male, not a female. In my opinion, there is something wrong with that picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment