Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Roommate Problems

Lately, I've been having problems with my roommate. She's been deliberately rude to my friends and me when we're in the room which isn't that often. She's starting to drive me nuts. This entire quarter she's been in a bad mood in general which I know a lot of it was because she was so sick so I gave her some space and let her have time to herself in our room. I was trying to be considerate of the fact that she wasn't feeling well, but then she asked my friend why I'm never in the room anymore. She even had the stomach flu and said she was going to stay at her sister's until she felt better but she came back the next day while she was still sick. 
Monday night, I took a shower came back to her and her friend in the room which I didn't mind because she's actually nicer to me when her friends are here. I said hi to both of them, and then sat at my desk to do some work. Since they were talking I put some headphones so I could block out their conversation and concentrate on what I was doing. I ended up messaging my friends in our group chat about my parents both texting me about my dog and how I was frustrated with them for it because I can't do a single thing about it until I come home for break. All three of them ended up coming into my room all one at a time on their own. When Natasha came in, my roommate and her friend started to leave. Then Dennis and Becky came in after they left. After a few minutes though my roommate came back in and started blasting her music on laptop. She kept turning it up louder and louder every couple of minutes. It got to the point where I couldn't even hear anyone, but Dennis who was sitting right next to me. After a half an hour of this she finally turned off her music. I know it was her passive aggressive way of telling us she wanted us to leave, but we stayed anyways. I would understand her annoyance with us if we were in there all the time, but that's the second time all quarter they have been there at the same time as her. 
Yesterday, she didn't even acknowledge me all day or say a word to me. I tried smiling at her in the hallway when I walked past her, and she just glared at me. I don't understand what her problem is with me anymore. I also don't get why she seems to think she can do whatever she wants in our room, but to her I don't have the same right. All I can say is I'm glad there's only one quarter left after this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment