Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Simplified Lifestyle

I have discovered during my short time here in college that my day to day goals have become very simple. Instead of coming up with little ideas here and there to make my dreams come true, I have officially simplified my life to much smaller objectives. Yesterday, I had made a list of two things I had to accomplish, do the laundry and shower. I managed to finish both of those things by 9. I also had originally planned on finishing my analysis but that did not happen. That's my goal for today as well as getting my boots fixed. The zipper on my Doc Marten's broken, and I've been depressed about it for a whole week. I haven't really had the time to go get it done because I have to walk all the way to the guy who fixes boots, and the whole thing would take approximately an hour to drop them off and do all of that. Also the weather has been pretty bad lately.
Another new development in my life is I think a guy in one of my classes likes me which weirds me out because we're in a group together for a project. He messaged me last night about a different project in that class, and today he asked me if I wanted to work together on it to which I responded I had a lot of stuff to do after class. It was so awkward. I don't know how to handle social situations properly at all. I also decided that even if he doesn't like me he just wants my help for this assignment because I'm the "smart" one everyone gets help from. I'm so done with being that person, but it seems that I'm still that person because I have quite a few people here who ask me for help on a lot of stuff. I was hoping that in college I wouldn't have to be the one everyone checks their answers with. Sure, you meet a lot of people that way, but no one is really interested in being your friend. Oh well, the difference is I actually do have friends here.

No comments:

Post a Comment