Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Hiding the Truth

I recently found out my roommate is homosexual which doesn't change anything in my opinion, but I thought it was sad that she felt uncomfortable with being able to tell anyone here. All her friends back home, but not many people here know. I also felt bad for her when she asked me if it changed anything, and I told her it didn't because it shouldn't. Also she's a really cool person, and I'm super happy with her as my roommate. It just got me thinking of all the things that I haven't told anyone here, and how I probably won't tell anyone here. With the way some of the girls, even guys, are I doubt they would be able to look at me the same if they knew certain things about. It's also kind of strange at the same time because everyone back home knew a lot of this stuff about me, and even if they didn't know it didn't seem to matter, but here if I did say anything it would matter. I feel like most of the time I have to be very careful with what I say which is not a bad thing I guess. There's a lot of things that I used to say back home that probably weren't the most appropriate or politically correct so I just have to watch out for that kind of thing when I'm talking. Also I'm terrified of anyone asking me about my dating history or anything like that because it's been kind of messy, and I think most of the girls here are virgins, and I'm not. I think they're all the waiting for marriage types whereas for me it's kind of too late for that. It will also make it difficult to date anyone here because everyone is looking for "the one" and other Christians, and I don't meet that criteria. Not to mention most guys here seem to want their girlfriends to be the pure types, and I'm not that either never really have been. My thoughts are too dark for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment