Sunday, October 11, 2015

Nineteen is Greater Than Eighteen

Yesterday I had my first birthday in college. It was probably one of the best birthdays I've had. My roommate gave me a cake which I thought was so nice. A few other girls on my floor got me something too. My door got decorated because that's something they do here. There's a birthday committee that decorates your door. I was sad this morning when I saw that part of the decorations had fallen off. I even had multiple people post, "Happy Birthday," on my Facebook wall which hardly ever happens. Quite a few of my friends texted me as well. One of my friends is only about 15 minutes away from here, so I might try to meet up with her to hang out. My dad and his girlfriend came up yesterday, and they're still here today. I'm going to be meeting up with them in about 45 minutes. They took me clothes shopping for my birthday present which I greatly appreciated because I'm lacking very much in the clothes department. They also took me to Fred Meyer's to get some more food. My brother's girlfriend sent up a huge bag for my present. It was pretty heavy too. I had to run through the rain to my room, protecting it as best as I could from getting drenched. When I opened though there was a bunch of food and ten dollars of quarters. I can now do 5 and a half more loads of laundry plus the amount of quarters I already, so I may have enough to last me until Spring Break, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment