Sunday, October 18, 2015

Cultural Weekend

I've had a pretty busy weekend this weekend. Friday night I went to the laser dome and saw a Journey themed laser light show. It was the first I've taken a public bus, and I managed to do so successfully. I also was with a group, so I just followed what everyone else was doing. We were planning on going to a diner afterwards, but the last bus was leaving in 15 minutes so we weren't able to do so.
Last night, I went to this concert pretty far away. It was a modern orchestra which I thought would mean they were going to play music from video games like I did back home but that was not the case. Instead, they played a bunch of pieces that were hard to get into due to all the dissonance. My friend and I had an interesting time trying to locate the place because first of all the bus dropped us off in a dimly lit area with hardly any people. Google maps tried to make us walk down this dead end street and through some people's backyards to get there, but we decided to take the next street down instead. When finally got to the venue we had to wander around the building in order to find the chapel. The building kind of looked like an old insane asylum. Once we got to the chapel, it was extremely small the audience was probably about fifty people in all. The whole thing kind of had a sixties cafe where people would do spoken word vibe to it. There wasn't anybody smoking, but the guy in front of me reeked of cigarettes.
Today was a little more normal. I went to the Sunday Market for a couple of hours. That was pretty cool. I saw some pretty interesting stuff. I'm pretty proud of how social I've been. Never would I have thought that I would have a weekend where I went did something each day. I feel very accomplished with my college experience so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment