Sunday, October 12, 2014

I'm an Adult (Legally)

I just had my 18th birthday the other day. It was a good day. I took for my dogs for a walk by the river, put new strings on my guitar, had multiple wish me happy birthday, and went to the city for the evening. My dad took me to Powell's bookstore and Doc Marten's. Afterward, we went to meet my brothers and Tiffany for dinner. While driving around trying to find the restaurant my dad and I came up with the theory that Tom Petty must have written the song "Waiting is the Hardest Part," while waiting for the waitress to bring his complimentary bread. That's always the worst part about eating out is having to wait for them to bring you food while your stomach is grumbling from the lack of nutrition. We managed to have a pleasant dinner with zero casualties. I believe dinner is the shortest timeframe my family to be together at all once without arguing. Either way I'm glad that my birthday went so well. Occasions like that usually go badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment