Monday, October 20, 2014

Festival Weekend

I had an unusual weekend. First of all, my brother and his girlfriend were all weekend, and I was able to see my nephew. I liked that part of my weekend. On Saturday, I had to play at the Harvest Fest with the Jazz band just outside of town. My mother was there with my nephew. We didn't play so well which isn't surprising. We're pretty bad this year due to the massive amount of freshmen. Later that evening I was blessed to receive an email from my mother saying how rude I was to her and my nephew. Lecturing about my relationship with him. He's two years old I'm pretty sure he wasn't offended by my supposed rudeness. I was also told that I do not understand how "to love and be loved," which is a "simple concept," according to her. God, I wish she would disappear and leave me alone forever. She is so irritating.
Sunday was abnormal too. I went to play with this small string group at a different festival a half an hour from here. This lady who is probably in her 50's or 60's asked me to give her a ride to Home Depot where her husband could pick her up. They had been on vacation up until the concert, so he dropped her off and went home. I drove her the 30 miles to Home Depot which wasn't a problem since Home Depot is on my way home.
All in all it was a very abnormal weekend. I didn't even work on my application for college. I should be working on it now, but I'm stalling. I want my dad to look it over before I decide to make any changes to my essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment