Sunday, February 21, 2016

Lost in the Woods

I had a pretty great weekend. Friday night I saw Palehound live. It was really awesome. There were two local bands before Palehound. I liked the band, Great Grandpa, but not the other band. It was a small venue, but it was a great night of music. Palehound was obviously my favorite band of the night, but it was really cool to hear a local band that I had never head of before. I always love discovering new music that I like. Natasha had a good time, but I'm not sure Dennis did, only because it wasn't really his kind of music. Saturday, we had EMP in our dorm. It was pretty cool, I guess. I don't really get why everyone gets so hyped about it. Today, I had a very interesting day indeed. Natasha and I had to be tied together for eight hours straight for an assignment in one of her classes. She has to write an essay about the nonverbal communication that took place between us that was a sign of tension. We didn't really get that annoyed with each other though, so I don't know what she's going to write about.
Since we're supposed to do something out in public while being tied together we decided to go to Discovery Park. We had to take the bus though because we don't have a car. Dennis decided to come with us too. We get on the first bus to transfer to the next bus. The problem we had was we didn't cross the street before getting on our next bus, so we ended up going in the wrong direction. We went pretty far before I realized it, so we get off at some random stop to go the other direction. We get off at this pretty sketchy stop that had a lot of homeless and crazy people. There was a guy with blood on his shirt, and another guy had no shirt on under his coat. This other guy was just babbling crazy stuff about who knows what. The three of us were pretty scared. Towards the end a security guard showed up, so I was less nervous then. Also the guy with the bloody shirt had left by that time. Finally, our bus arrives, and it's another 20 minutes to the park. We get to the park and walk all the way to the water, but it's dark by the time we start walking back. So we're just walking through this random park in the dark for a couple of miles before we finally find the bus stop to get back. All in all, I'm pretty glad to be alive after our weird adventure today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment