Sunday, October 27, 2013

Band

Being in band can be very irritating and not because people who aren't band make fun of, because at my high school they don't. Instead you have to be concerned about everyone IN band making fun of you. In our band every girl is either fat or extremely ugly so naturally when a girl like me who is of average attractiveness it's a rare occurrence. All the guys in band switch back and forth from treating me like a bro or making fun of everything I do. It can get very irritating. We have this one guy in band who is really fat, and he's pretty much home-schooled except he takes band at the high school. He seems to think it's hilarious to say everything I do is stupid or to mock me, and I'm about on my last thread with him. If he keeps it up he's going to come into band one morning and not be able to find his saxophone anywhere. This year I've been the only one to pull any pranks, and I've done two that have been pretty bad ones at that. The problem is that people are terrible at looking for the things that go missing. Last year, people would look for a whole class period, now people look for five minutes and give up. My last prank seem to cause quite an uproar. I hid a freshman's trumpet. I put the case in plain sight, the trumpet in another case, the buttons to the trumpet in multiple cases, and the mouthpiece in a plastic bin. The freshman's mom ended up coming into the school all pissed off and our band teacher ended finding it after a minimal time spent looking. During lunch that day he talked to a couple of my friends and I to see if we knew who it was. We ended up blaming it on a guy who had dropped out the day before that none of us really liked. I so far haven't been discovered only due to the fact that I'm the least likely culprit. So I guess what I'd like to say is that anyone that wants to be mean to me should think about it beforehand. Especially since on the bus from the way back from the football some guy asked me out of nowhere if I still talked to my mom which was really none of his business to begin with. There was complete silence after I said no, and thank god one of the guys said something, because I didn't know what to do. My friend sitting next to me didn't know what to do either. He told me later he would've said something had he known what to say, but there wasn't much anyone could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment