Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A Good Last Day

This year's Fourth of July will be one I never forget. It started out with me going to work while my family went rafting, and I was at work until 3:30 after Nick decided it was an acceptable time for us to leave. After work I went to the BBQ Brandon and his girlfriend were having at their house. I was only there for a little bit to see Josh before he drove him and my nephew. I went up to my friend Tianna's house to see her and another one of my friends. The two of them had to leave at 9, so I went back to Brandon's house to watch the fireworks with him, his girlfriend, and my nephew. I ended up getting home around 11, and my dad was still up. He'd been waiting for me to get home. I went to my room, and I heard him call my name. At first I thought I was in trouble, but for what I had no idea. When I walked into the living room he told my dad Tweakers had died after they got home from the BBQ at Brandon's house. He was laying in his bed, and he stopped breathing. My dad buried him in the backyard before I got home. The next day we went and bought some flowers to plant around his grave. My dog was ten years old when he died. He was the most loyal dog. All year he would run away from my dad's house to my brother's or my mom's looking for me. I'm going to miss him. I was planning on getting an apartment so he could come live with me, but I guess that's not going to happen now. I'm just glad he got to see my whole family one last time and chewed on a rib bone on his last day. I think he had a good last day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment