Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sleet

I've lately been down in the dumps, and the only way to cure that is through comedy so here goes. Imagine yourself as a fourth grader sitting in class learning about the weather and the clouds. So to give you some background information my brother one time called a girl a slut, and my mom asked him to spell slut. Now my brother is a terrible speller and responded with, "S-L-E-E-T." From the day on my family used sleet instead of slut in hopes that I wouldn't know what they are talking about. So here I am listening to my teacher and all of sudden she starts talking about sleet. Now this catches my attention, because I always thought sleet was a bad word. She keeps blabbering about sleet, and I'm thinking how can she use that word so casually it's a bad word, right? Then I start thinking well maybe sleet has two meanings, one is bad and the other is about the weather. At this point though I'm still really confused though as to how my teacher can still say sleet knowing it has two meanings. Anyways, I come to the conclusion that sleet has two meanings, and I just let it. A year later I hear my mom telling someone a story, and I hear starting say my brother spelled slut as sleet. Then I finally begin to realize that sleet was a made up word in my family and that no one ever knew that I knew what it meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment